PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Automatic Delivery
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Heating Equipment Installations
- Fuel Oil & Propane Tank Replacement
- Pool Heating
- Pool Water Delivery, April - October
- Propane Fueled Stoves and space heaters.
OIL BURNER SERVICE CONTRACT
You can download a PDF of our Service Contract using the download button, or view it below.
Our oil burner service contract is a 24/7 agreement. That's right, 24 hours a day, seven days a week we will be there for you. This contract covers servicing of one oil heating unit once a year with the parts listed below for $325.00 including tax.
The annual cleaning includes:
|Nozzle replacement||Combustion efficiency test|
|Air filter (H.A.F.)||Oil fan motor bearings & circulator bearings|
|Clean & adjust electrodes||Change oil filter|
|New strainer & gasket Steam System||Replace filter (air handlers)|
|Water gauge glass & washers||Flush & test low water cutoff|
The low water cutoff should be flushed periodically and we assume no responsibility for its operation. This will be done during the annual service if required.
Repair or replacement of covered parts includes:
|Oil Burner Motor (up to ¼ hp)||Air Filters|
|Fuel Pump & Strainer (excluding 2 stage)||Primary Control|
|Burner Fan||Nozzle Strainer|
|B & G Model 100 and Taco Model 110 Circulator Motors, Taco 007||Blower Motor up to and including 1/3 HP (Hydro Air Blower not included unless specified)|
|Aquastats (Except R8182 H,A,D)||Electrodes & Electrode Assembly|
|Circulator Relay (single zone)||Firomatic Valve|
|Pump Coupling||Blower V Belt & Pulley|
|Fan & Limit Control||Emergency Switch|
|Retention Head||Nozzle Line|
|Delayed Oil Valve||Stack Relay|
|R845 Circulator Relay||Oil Filter Assembly|
|Cad Cell Eye||Taco 007 (Part only, labor to be billed at normal hourly rate.)|
This service policy provides for the repair or replacement and labor of any or all the parts listed above.
Excluded from this plan are the repair or replacement of any device that water passes through, including piping, cartridge circulators, (excluding Taco 007 which will be covered only as a part: labor on these will be charged at the normal rate), power vents, zone valves, radiation, valves, domestic hot water hook ups, hot air dampers and controls.
PLEASE NOTE: This plan covers only parts listed unless otherwise specified. All other parts will be repaired or replaced on a time and material basis.
Terms and Conditions
This agreement does not include:
- Parts or labor required as a result of abnormal conditions such as water damage, fire, flood, freezing, war, hurricane, or other such acts of God, power failure, fuel run-outs when account is in arrears, failure to check water level cutoff, damage or loss resulting from delays or failure to render service for reasons beyond our control and/or customer negligence.
- Oil tanks containing water, sludge, or heating units having excessive previous service.
- We will not be liable for damages resulting from heat failure in a vacant or unoccupied home; whether it is burner failure or lack of fuel, as vacant property should be checked daily by owner or owner's agent.
- Richard T. Layton Co. Ltd. reserves the right to reject this agreement upon inspection of the heating system up to 30 days from the invoice date.
- Before a service plan is issued your heating unit will be inspected and approved by our technician.
- Coverage is for residential heating units unless otherwise specified.
- All fuel must be purchased from Richard T. Layton Co. Ltd. on our automatic delivery system and paid for under the agreed upon credit terms.
- This plan is effective for one year from invoice date and will renew annually, subject to Richard T. Layton Co. LTD's right to modify the plan, price, and/or terms effective on the anniversary date.
- The paid invoice constitutes a final agreement between both parties.
- All replacement parts are subject to availability.
- This plan supercedes and cancels all prior agreements between the parties for burner service.
- Any service required after 5:00 p.m. weekdays or on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays must be the result of a complete failure of the heating system or hot water heater covered in this contract. Other than complete failures are subject to the standard overtime charge in effect at that time.
- Contract price covers one heating zone and standard control systems. Additional zones are subject to additional costs.
- Richard T. Layton Co. Ltd.'s fuel service liability is limited to a reasonable value of service and parts offered in each contract not to exceed $1000.00.
- Richard T. Layton Co. Ltd. makes no warranties expressed or implied, including but not limited to any warranty of merchant ability of fitness for a particular purpose except as expressly set forth herein. No warranty is made as to the ability of the system to supply heat or hot water required by the customer.
- Service work not covered by this contract will be billed at time and material at the current hourly rate.*
- Routine maintenance will be performed during normal working hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Current hourly rate may be obtained by calling our office.
The agreement may be terminated at any time by either party. Credit will be given at a pro-rated value taking into consideration parts and labor up to point of termination and the length of time the contract has been in force.
Before Calling For Service:
PLEASE PERFORM THESE IMPORTANT CHECKS
- Make sure the room thermostat is above room temperature by at least 5 degrees.
- Is the emergency switch in the "on" position?
- Do you have oil in your fuel tank?
- Press the restart button ONCE only.
- Check the breakers or fuse panel.
- Steam Systems Only: Check water level, add water if required.
FAILURE TO PERFORM THESE CHECKS MAY RESULT IN A CHARGE AT OUR NORMAL RATE AT THE TIME OF SERVICE.